Celebrating Motherhood | Tacoma Family Photographer
I think each new day is reason enough for celebrating motherhood. As you will see in the following photos, a mother's bond with her child is strong and pure. But first I'd like to share this post I found on motherhood written by Jennifer Lizza. It is called "30 Things I wish I would have known about motherhood."
1. Motherhood is beautiful and terrifying all at once.
2. You won’t always be happy as a mother.
3. You will always love your children, but there will be times when you don’t like them, and that is completely normal.
4. There will be times when you will want to cry in the corner.
5. There will be times when you do cry in the corner.
6. You will learn you are so much stronger than you thought.
7. The first time you hear your child laugh, you will find a part of your heart that you did not realize existed, and it will make you smile a smile you had no idea was possible.
8. You will doubt yourself.
9. You will at some point sound like your mother and it will make you both cringe and giggle.
10. You will share information with your friends that you never would have thought was appropriate before kids — things like, “Oh my God, I haven’t pooped in at least four days!” and “Why are my nipples so sore, this kid doesn’t even have teeth yet?” and “I’m seriously telling my husband the doctor said four more weeks.” They will laugh with you, cry with you and understand you in ways that only a mother can.
11. You will do anything for sleep. For example, a person who may have said she would never rock her child in a glider all night just to get some shuteye will do just that. Hell, I would have swung on a swing at 3:00 in the morning by myself in a park to get my firstborn to sleep for longer than one hour at a time. Seriously!
12. You will learn as you go, and that is just fine. Your kids will somehow think you know what you’re doing, until they’re teenagers, of course, and then you are suddenly the biggest idiot on the planet.
13. You will feel judged by others.
14. You will judge others.
15. You will empathize with other mothers in public. You are now part of the club, and sticking together is how we survive.
16. You will sit and stare at a wall while your child naps, because you haven’t had a moment to yourself in who knows how long.
17. You will look forward to going to the dentist.
18. You will feel protective in a way you never thought possible.
19. You will love your spouse in a different way than you did before you had children.
20. You will learn to let some things go.
21. You will sometimes miss who you once were.
22. You will learn from your children.
23. You will experience love that is all-encompassing, beautiful, terrifying and endless.
24. There will be good days.
25. There will be bad days.
26. There will be excellent days.
27. There will be horrible days.
28. You will come out of each day tired, but strong.
29. You are more prepared for this gig than you give yourself credit for.
30. You are not perfect, but neither is the mother next to you or the one next to her. It is the one thing we all have in common.
"Sigh!" The love here is undeniable. I could do photo sessions like this all day long! Do you have a baby that hasn't been photographed with you in the photos? Or do you know of anyone who does? I would love to hear from you and them! Besides, Christmas is right around the corner and photos like this make such wonderful gifts. Contact me here!